Water Heater Installations and Repairs
Zeek Plumbing provides expert water heater installations, repairs, and recommendations for all types of residential and commercial water heater repair in NJ.
Is it time to replace your existing unit?
Most tank systems have an average lifespan of 10 or more years, but the warranty on a standard water heater is 6 years. After years of use, parts wear out, corrosion can develop, anode rods can deteriorate, and cracks can form. It is important to know the age of your water heater in order to predict when to consider a replacement.
Water softeners can remediate some of your water heater's sediment buildup and deterioration. Please refer to our previous blog post for more information on water softeners.
Some common signs are that the tank is reaching the end of its useful life.
- Compromised water supply- Hot water from the shower or tap is cooler or runs out quicker than usual.
- Rusty water- If the hot water from your tap is rust colored, it may mean tank corrosion.
- Leaking water- The tank may eventually leak from the bottom due to corrosion, which is not repairable
- Loud noise- A loud banging noise occurs whenever the tank is heating.
What About Tankless Water heaters?
- Only produces hot water when necessary (On-Demand)
- Energy efficient
- In the long run, you will save money on utilities to run your tankless vs. a storage tank
- Tankless water heaters typically last up to 15-20 years on average
- It does not take up as much space as a storage tank water heater
- Hot water is produced very quickly and does not require time to “warm up”
- It does not take up a lot of space on the wall
- Can run out of hot water if multiple fixtures, such as showers, dishwashers, washing machines, etc., are running at the same time
- Plumbers recommend yearly service of the tankless water heaters
- The material cost of a tankless unit is more expensive than that of a storage tank unit
- If you switch from storage to tankless, the plumbing will need to be updated during installation, which can cause the installation costs to be higher than a storage-tank water heater
What About Storage/Standard Water heaters?
- Storage tank water heaters are the most common water heaters
- Replacement parts such as gas valves and pilot assemblies are more readily available
- The material cost of storage tank water heaters is less expensive than a tankless
- If you use multiple hot water fixtures (dishwasher, washing machine, showers) at the same time, storage tanks are able to keep up with the hot water usage
- It does not require yearly maintenance
- Less energy efficient than a tankless water heater
- The average life span is typically only 10+ years on average
- Depending on the size of the unit (40-gallon, 50-gallon, 75-gallon), storage tank water heaters can take up a lot of space
Zeek Plumbing is available to assist you with your water heater replacement cost in NJ and any other related concerns. We can provide our expertise to recommend a tankless water heater or storage-tank water heater for your home. Depending on the number of bathrooms, people in the home, and hot water usage, we will review the options available for a new water heater. Zeek Plumbing does not participate in any “up-selling”; we provide you with all the options and information to decide on water heater repair in Morris County.
Please call our office at 866-635-0200 or use our Contact Form below if your existing unit is leaking, you would like a quote, or you have any questions regarding your existing water heater replacement cost in NJ.