Sewer and Drain Cleaning
Even if you think you may just have an isolated drain problem, it is best to contact a plumber in order to prevent a bigger problem like a sewage backup. At Zeek Plumbing, we generally try to open the drain with a special drain auger (snake) or cable device. If that is not successful, more advanced sewer and drain cleaning methods will be used.
What are the warning signs of a sewer system backup?
- Water backup from a drain (toilet, shower, bathtub or sink)
- Slow flushing and draining toilet
- Water around the basement floor drain
- Gurgling sounds coming from a toilet or drain
- No water in the toilet bowl
- Sewage odors noticed around the drains or outside the house
- Very green grass over the septic system (even in dry, hot weather)
A clog in a single drain is many times an easy fix with physical drain cleaning. However, when most of the drains have clogs or are running slow, then your problem is likely the sewer main.
Potential causes of a backup may be...
Grease (or other discarded food or waste)
- Usually the problem starts with grease from the kitchen sink. Blockages may also occur from discarded food or garbage, as well as, hair, soap, sanitary items or toilet paper that is too thick.
Tree Root Intrusion
- Condensation on pipes will actually attract roots searching for water or moisture. The roots can travel and slip in through tiny separations into the pipe sections. Once the tree roots locate the water, the tree will begin accelerating its root growth in the area. The roots may gradually clog the whole sewer system, and without proper service, can lead to a pipe bursting.
Rather than disrupt and dig up parts of your yard to determine the problem area, a drain camera inspection can be performed. Zeek Plumbing uses the latest in diagnostic technology, and is able to send a camera down your drains and sewers to show you where the problem is occurring. This option is much faster and, many times, less expensive.
- Drain Cleaning - Zeek Plumbing will punch through the tree root and clear the line so the sewer will be functioning again.
- Water Jet - A water jet, or hydro-jet, cleans the pipe using pressurized water which rids the line of any grease build-up, foreign items, or tree roots.
- Sleeve the Sewer Pipe - Lining the entire sewer pipe, or a portion of it, is often another way to eliminate leaks. In some instances, the plumber may attach a lining to the troublesome section of the pipe which will avoid the need for trenching or demolishing structures.
- Replacing Piping - Pipe bursting is a trench-less method of replacing pipelines. The equipment uses hydraulic power to break apart the old sewer pipe and also simultaneously install a new seamless pipe.
Servicing drains and sewers is common practice at Zeek Plumbing. As a result, our plumbers are experts at sewer and drain cleaning. We repair and re-pipe all types of plumbing systems to accommodate many different property layouts.
Call us today at 866-635-0200 with any drain or sewer issues.