The life expectancy of a toilet may vary, but eventually replacing your existing unit with a newer model may be the best decision. Maybe a pressure-assist, dual-flush or touch-free toilet is soon to reside in your home. How do you know when it is time for a new toilet?
Below are the most common signs that you may need to consider a replacement:
- A toilet that constantly clogs may be an indication that a replacement may be in order. If you have an older, low-flush model that requires more than one flush and clogs frequently, it is a wise decision to upgrade.
- They are often difficult to spot, but cracks can often occur in the bowl or in the tank. If a crack goes unnoticed for too long, a flood may ensue.
Repair too Costly
- If the cost of the repair is close to the cost of a replacement, it is smarter to invest in a new model. If the toilet has been repaired multiple times, the unit may not be worth the cost of the service calls.
Even if your older model is still adequate, there are several compelling reasons to upgrade before it begins to break down…
A new toilet can save water
– Newer toilets, such as, low-flush toilets, dual-flush toilets, and vacuum-assist toilets use significantly less water per flush.
A new toilet is smarter
– Smart toilets have features to prevent flushing if it is clogged, touch-free flushing options, bidet functions, heated seating and self-cleaning options.
A new toilet is more comfortable
– Many new toilets have higher bowl heights of 17-19 inches rather than the old standard 15 inches. The higher seat can be more comfortable for taller and older people. Also, elongated bowls which are 2 inches longer may offer more comfort as well.
Our licensed plumbers would be happy to assess your situation and give you options for repair and/or replacement. Contact Zeek Plumbing to schedule an appointment. You can also follow us on Facebook!