As the warm weather returns and spring arrives, there is no better time to kick off the spring cleaning! While you are cleaning out closets, scrubbing floors, and purging your home of excess clutter, don’t forget to consider your piping and drainage systems, as well as, your plumbing fixtures. After a long winter’s use, these could all use some “freshening up” as much as the rest of your home.
Zeek Plumbing would like to offer some spring plumbing tips in order to help protect your home against plumbing problems this season. Completing the following maintenance annually will help your plumbing fixtures last longer and your system to perform more effectively.
- Inspect all exposed and interior pipes for leaks or damage.
- Check your outdoor hose bibs for damage or leaks and replace if necessary.
- Clear kitchen and bathroom drains of any clogs.
- Ensure that all drains have strainers to prevent hair and debris from clogging the drain lines.
- Clean out mineral build-up from faucets and showerheads.
- Give your garbage disposal a thorough cleaning and repair if needed.
- Check that the temperature setting on the water heater is set to no higher than 120 degrees to prevent scalding and reduce energy use.
If you found any problems while performing the tasks above, call Zeek Plumbing (866) 635-0200! We are here to help keep your home’s plumbing functional throughout the year.